Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tech Presentations

I was really impressed by the numerous presentations that we witnessed last week. This really got me thinking even after my groups presentation was over about the use of technology within the class room. For my group, the use of Google's Document Presentation application was amazing. You could drag and drop pictures and YouTube videos directly into the frames and even the copy, paste, and editing functions were flawless. It was the first time that I had really spent this much time creating a power point of this scope and I actually can say that I had fun doing it. I felt it was a piece of artwork.

Our presentation aside I then began to think of other ideas and applications for media and technology in teaching a story. I thought of how cool it might have been if we had actually acted one of the stories out, without words. The only sounds and conversations coming from the computer and media that was being used. This was intriguing to me and I thought further that one would be able to set the mood for say, the storm in Shakespeare's "King Lear" by having the screen flash with lightning and the room be dark. Example:



This to me was a really innovative and creative way of incorporating technology without actually needing to memorize lines or even really be an actor, yet still share a story in a fun, visual, and compelling way.

No comments:

Post a Comment